Agricultural drones are an important tool for modern agriculture, which can efficiently and accurately carry out operations such as plant pest control, soil and moisture monitoring, and fly seeding and fly defense. However, in hot weather, the use of agricultural drones also needs to pay attention to some safety and technical aspects to protect the quality and effect of the operation, and avoid causing accidents such as personnel injury, machine damage and environmental pollution.
Thus, in high temperature, the use of agricultural drones need to pay attention to the following points:
1) Choose the right time for operation. In hot weather, spraying operations should be avoided in the middle of the day or in the afternoon, so as to avoid volatilization, degradation of the drug or burning of the crop. Generally speaking, 8 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. are more suitable operating hours.
2) Choose the right concentration of drug and amount of water. In hot weather, the dilution of the drug should be increased appropriately to increase the adhesion and penetration of the drug on the surface of the crop and to prevent the loss or drift of the drug. At the same time, the amount of water should also be increased appropriately to maintain the uniformity and fine density of the spray and improve drug utilization.
3) Choose the appropriate flight altitude and speed. In hot weather, the flight altitude should be minimized, generally controlled at a distance of about 2 meters from the tip of the crop leaves, in order to reduce the evaporation and drift of drugs in the air. Flight speed should be kept as uniform as possible, generally between 4-6m/s, to ensure the coverage area and uniformity of spraying.
4) Choose suitable take-off and landing sites and routes. In hot weather, take-off and landing sites should be chosen in flat, dry, ventilated and shaded areas, avoiding taking off and landing near water, crowds and animals. The routes should be planned according to the terrain, landforms, obstacles and other characteristics of the operation area, using fully autonomous flight or AB point flight mode, keeping a straight line flight, and avoiding leakage of spraying or re-spraying.
5) Do a good job of machine inspection and maintenance. All parts of the machine are susceptible to heat damage or aging in hot weather, so the machine should be carefully inspected and maintained before and after each operation. When checking, pay attention to whether the frame, propeller, battery, remote control, navigation system, spraying system and other parts are intact and function normally; when maintaining, pay attention to cleaning the machine body and nozzle, replacing or recharging the battery, maintaining and lubricating the moving parts and so on.
These are the precautions for using agricultural drones, when using agricultural drones in hot weather, please make sure to comply with these norms to ensure that the operation is completed safely, efficiently and environmentally friendly.
Post time: Jul-18-2023